Registration & Fees
2023/2024 Program Fees
Families who have a household income of less than $180,000/year can apply for a $125/month subsidy. Please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/child-care-subsidy.aspx
All monthly program fees have been decreased and held at 22/23 rates thanks to the Alberta child care grant, which is provided directly to Malmo Pre-Kindergarten.
Monthly payments for 2023/2024 are summarized in the table below.
*Program fees have been reduced as per the Alberta Government Child Care grant, including a 3% grant increase to maintain fees at 22/23 prices. Fees are subject to change based on government programs.
**Families must apply for additional government child care subsidies. This number does not reflect the monthly payment amount since subsidies are reimbursed after fee payment. Fees are subject to change based on government programs.
Registration for the 2023/2024 School Year
Please review our 2023-2024 Parent Handbook before registering.
Steps to Register:
- Please fill out the 2023/2024 Online Registration form (click link or see below).
- Pay the Registration Fee and first Program and Operational Fees.
- After receiving your registration, the registrar will contact you by email within 1-2 days with a conditional confirmation for your child.
- Once you receive the email confirmation that a spot is being held for your child, you are required to fill out and return all attached forms within 10 days. These forms provide the preschool with the required bank information for the school fees and fines. Unless this information is received within the required timeframe, your spot is held but not confirmed, and may be given to another eligible family.
- Registrations are accepted on a first come, first served basis (no lottery).
Registration Details (click to expand)
Registration Requirements 2023/2024
Submission of registration is not considered complete until Registration fee, first Program fee, and first Operational fee are paid.
Once a registration is completed, and after the Registrar has provided written confirmation of a child’s spot at the preschool, all families have ten (10) business days to submit their bank information.
$60 per child, per school year (non-refundable, to be paid at time of registration to Malmo Pre-Kindergarten PayPal account).
NOTE 1: You do not need a PayPal account to pay the fee via PayPal. After opening the PayPal link, scroll down to find the “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” button. Proceed with payment as a Guest (no need to log in for payment).
The first program fee is required upon registration. Subsequent monthly program fees will be automatically withdrawn on the first day of the month, every month from September to May:
- 2-days per week (Tuesday & Thursday AM or PM) – $55 per month after government child care grant ($0 if eligible for government child care subsidy)
- 3-days per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday AM or PM) – $90 per month after government child care grant ($0 if eligible for government child care subsidy)
- 5-days per week (Monday to Friday) – $145 per month after government child care grant ($20 if eligible for government child care subsidy)
Alternatively, upon specific request to the Registrar, one preauthorized withdrawal may be made for the whole school year.
One clear calendar month notice is required on vacating a space during the year. Your child may attend school during the notice period. If a place is booked before school commences in September, any cancellation must be made before August 1 to ensure return of September fees. On or after August 1, the one-month notice applies, and September’s monthly fee is non-refundable. Withdrawal after March 1 requires payment of program fees for remainder of school year.
The first operational fee is required upon registration. Subsequent monthly operational fees are automatically withdrawn with the program fees. These fees also qualify for coverage under the government child care subsidy, depending on family eligibility for the subsidy program (see table at top of page).
- 2-day and 3-day classes: $32
- 5-day classes: $33.50
Fundraising Fines: $200/term
Parent Job Fine: $100/term
Casino Fine: $250/year
NOTE: A fine is only withdrawn if a parent does not complete the related duty (i.e. fails to participate in fundraising activities or does not complete their Parent Job). Written notice is given before any fines are withdrawn.
Children must be three years old in order to attend Malmo Pre-kindergarten. If a child does not turn three years old before the school year, they can start at the beginning of the school year with “visit days” where a parent/guardian must stay with them during the class. A student can then attend class without an adult after their third birthday. Parents are still required to pay all monthly fees. This situation should be discussed with the Registrar when applicable.
A child must turn 4 on or before December 31 of the current school year in order to enroll in the afternoon program.
2023/2024 Registration Form
2023/2024 Registration Payment
After clicking “Submit” at the end of the registration form, a message will open with a link to pay the registration fee through PayPal. Some web browsers may automatically block the redirect to PayPal and the link will be lost. If this happens to you, please come back here and choose the correct class PayPal button below after you have submitted your registration form.
Pay Pal Buttons
Do you require out-of-school care?
We are lucky to have the Edmonton Region Child Care Association (ERCCA) just down the hall! Contact Emily or call 587-713-4709 for information on how to register.